Supplementing Dogs For Immune Support
The immune system is an amazing, complex and yet efficient system that works 24/7 to make sure animals live a healthy, wholesome life. Every day the animals we care for and ourselves as well, require a healthy, functional immune system to protect us.
While it is complex the dog’s immune system has three main areas that can influence its ability to do the job effectively.
- Age – young puppies’ immune systems are still developing and seniors’ immune response is slower
- Stress – weather, training, competing, travel, exposure to other animals, loud noises
- Nutrition – receiving the proper diet & supplementation to fuel a healthy immune response
While we can’t control an animal’s age nor the weather, we can help manage our dogs each day to minimize the impact of stressors during their daily activities. Maintaining a normal routine regarding feeding, exercising and grooming are important for reducing stress in your dog’s life.
Proper Diet Helps Support Healthy Immune Systems
Nutrition that is delivered in your canine athlete’s diet is a critical factor in helping maintain a healthy, functioning immune system. Proper food and exercise normally provide the base needs for a dog’s healthy immune system. However, there are times when their normal diet may not provide what the immune system needs to perform its best. Providing the right extra supplementation can ensure their needs are met.
Support a Healthy Immune System with Fortitude® Canine
Fortitude® Canine Supplements offer multiple products that can provide the following ingredients known to support a healthy immune system, including during times where environmental stress is high or their diet is lacking.
- Antioxidants – including Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, B Vitamins and selenium
- Vitamin D – important for supporting immune response
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids – support for both the innate and adaptive immune system
- Probiotics – helps maintain normal digestive health and supports a healthy immune system (70% of the immune system is in or around the digestive tract)
- Minerals – including zinc, iron, copper and selenium
- Protein – essential amino acids needed by the immune system
- Fat – important for proper weight management and fuel for immune response when needed
The Fortitude Canine products on this page, including Fortitude Canine CSP, contain many of the above ingredients that can help provide the immune support your dog needs for their immune system to perform its best.